Here are a few useful things regarding outfits and props for your senior session:
- It’s YOUR senior session – let it express your personality! You can be as fancy (formal outfit) or as casual as you wish.
- Depending on the length of the session, you might even consider up to 3 outfits (casual, formal, and one that expresses your personality, favorite sport, or hobby).
- The best solution is to have neutral colors overall (white, grey, khaki, or jeans) and just add bright colors in accessories or shirts.
- Pick outfits from clothing you know and love. Senior photos should be a true representation of your personality. There is no need to buy a whole new wardrobe. Make sure you feel comfortable in what you’re wearing.
- Avoid overly branded clothing or graphic tees.
- Take care of your hands. Hands show up in a lot of poses, especially headshots and when working with props.
- If your session is in a park, it most likely has a grassy and sandy area and also uneven walkways. Make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes.
- Be mindful of your shoes. Make sure to have the appropriate footwear per outfit and that shoes are clean and presentable.
- Personalize your photos with props. Have fun and show your personality in your senior photos. This can be done through sports equipment, a musical instrument, a hobby, or even a pet.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
I’m looking forward to your session!
Irina Whitmer Photography
Southern and Central Maryland, Northern Virginia, Washington DC